Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Activity, Preparing to LGM 2014

*Shaking off the dust*

It's been quite a while since I last posted here. Some will smile at the sight of this post, especially those who know why I was absent (a state which should change until October this year).

Not too far ago, I was invited to the Libre Graphics Meeting of 2014; one of the largest (if not the largest) annual gatherings of users and developers of Open-Source tools and programs for graphics. After having to turn down the invitation once or twice before due to problematic dates, this year I managed to arrange a "vacation" in the relevant dates and I'll actually be going!

Yesterday I finished all of the arrangements (including setting up ubuntu dual-boot on my laptop, which turned out to be way easier than I thought), and I can start thinking about LGM itself. It's going to be the first time I attend a real convention like this, and the fact that this first time is abroad and far from home does add it's share to my excitement :)

The program sounds very interesting and with a potential to cover many topics which I never had the chance to learn (such as color management and font design). Also meeting people whom I talked to by IRC in the last 4 years but never met in practice should be one of the greatest parts in LGM fromy my point of view.

So, before I depart, it's time for some thanks. The first of them is to the GIMP family - the people who always care, help and greet you with a smile after you were missing for some time. The second thank is to you - the (usually anonymous) supporters of GIMP; donations you make to GIMP, help also to reimbruse the traveling expenses to developer gatherings like LGM.

So, I'll see you there,
~ Barak

No comments:

Post a Comment